In part one, I talked about the importance of getting a few things right in order to take full advantage
of the opportunity that Attraction Marketing offers, specifically when referring to developing a nice
flow of leads using Facebook.
After all, you want to become a leader and an authority – at the very least someone whose opinion is
valued and anticipated!
The introduction article showed you the big picture. The opportunity, the idea, the philosophy. Now
it’s time to dive deeper into the topic. Now, I will be practical. One, because I want to give you
actionable advice, two, because I really want to stop seeing the same mistakes done over and over
Your Facebook profile is the first thing others look at when they interact with you.
And you only have one chance to make them stay and listen!
In just a few seconds the decision is made. Following what I’m about to share with you will sway it
into your favour almost 100% of the time.
1. Your profile picture
Hey, look, I’m a dog! Actually, a cartoon! Hey, it’s me when I was 5 years old.
We’ve all seen these. They never inspire confidence, never trigger trust, more often than not are a
sign of low self-esteem and/or trying to hide something.
Think about it… If you’re embarrassed or not willing to put your face behind your actions on
Facebook, why would any potential leads want to follow you?
Tips to remember:
– Your face clearly visible, reasonably up to date, preferably smiling
– Looking into the camera
– No sunglasses, no hats, no sitting in a dark room
– Face close-ups are better than full body pictures
2. Cover photo
This one is so important and effective and yet so few people pay any attention to it whatsoever!
It’s like a huge billboard, except people actually look at it. 😉
You want to make the most of your cover photo while not making it too messy.
Tips to remember:
– Needs to include a picture of you, this time full body is OK
– Few words describing what you’re about, e.g. affiliate marketer, email list builder, work from
home enthusiast. Use some creativity! Calling yourself an MLM aficionado will give people an
– Picture dimensions need to match. Search the right size for the photo and make sure your
profile picture won’t overlap on the important parts of the cover!
Most common mistakes:
– Completely irrelevant, random cover photo
– Incorrect dimensions, photo is stretched out, doesn’t fit
– Profile picture covers some text or important element
– Random motivational quotes instead of a clear, thoughtful messaging about who you are
There’s a bit more to the profile setup, but these are the two most important factors and already a
place where you can improve a lot. I gave you very actionable tips on how to make the most out of
what Facebook presents and I hope you will put it to good use.
In the next part of this series, I’ll share more information regarding the creation of engaging content
that will give you many ideas about how, when and what to post.
See you in part 3!
Source: New feed